The shifting economic landscape has affected everyone’s business. Yet, the economy isn’t the only factor contributing to changes in and around business – especially when it comes to marketing. Although much has changed within the past several years, there are core-marketing concepts that remain the same. Even so, you need to be willing to rethink marketing tools, tactics, techniques, and temperament on the road to growing your business.
The digital age is having a dramatic impact on buyers and sellers. Innovative tools, like social media, are changing the way consumers discover and purchase their products. In fact, a recent marketing study established that 92% of all business-to-business purchases were bought – not sold.
Tools and technology may have changed how customers and business interact. However, the basic marketing model remains unchanged – consumers still want relevant products and services that meet their needs and wants. Modern marketing remains focused on successfully developing and managing the relationship with the client.
What to Do
To fortify your marketing results, here are a few items to consider:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing efforts to determine which methods provide the greatest rate of return for your investment.
- Strengthen your brand with experience, delivery, value, and communication.
- Design a value proposition that sets your business apart from your competition and compels your target audience to act.
- Develop a customer relationship system that builds long-term trust and rapport with your client.
- Implement marketing tactics that support your offerings and are easy to implement.
And, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter as we support your marketing and branding efforts with information on a variety of topics including the nine steps to building trust on your way to client acquisition, how to make the most of each “moment of truth”, and what to do if your marketing is in need of a makeover.