The daily grind — no matter how much we love our work — can take its toll on productivity and performance. It’s what creates the love/hate relationship small business owners have with their business. Seeing as how you are the “decider”, you have the unique position to choose the sorts of changes that are sure to ignite performance.
Let’s Get Happy…And Count the Profits
Here’s a prescription for happiness that’s sure to set fire to your business success:
1. Stay connected. Research shows the more connected you are, the happier and more productive you’ll be. Join a mastermind group. Participate in group coaching with your peers. Make real connections and interact with others during your day, whether it’s online or offline.
2. Be yourself. The more virtual our world becomes, the more we long for that which is genuine. Stay true to yourself, what you do, and who you serve to spark genuine happiness.
3. Nurture outside interests. What do you like to do for fun — outside of work? Nothing awakens happiness, and the promise of revitalization, like developing your leisure activities.
4. Balance family time. Remember those other people who live in your house? They love spending time with you; just as much as you love spending time with them. Isn’t family the real reason we work? Family keeps us grounded.
5. Physical health and wellness. Running a business is like running a marathon. You need to be healthy to finish the race. Keeping yourself in top notch shape lifts self-confidence, boosts energy, and contributes to an overall sense of well-being and happiness.
6. Style your environment. Given that you spend 8 – 10 hours (or more) at “the office”, make sure your office makes you happy. Add brightly colored flowers. Throw open the windows. Let in the sun and fresh air. Listen to music. Is there anything that makes you happier? Environments are so vital to performance, in fact, Olympic pools are designed with performance in mind. Why not design your environment for performance?
These are just a few of the things that spark happiness — and performance — at Synnovatia. We would love to hear what sparks happiness in your business…