Have you heard the saying “there is more than one way to skin a cat”? Coined by American humorist, Seba Smith, in The Money Diggers in 1840, it means there is more than one way of achieving an aim. How perfect for entrepreneurs and their aim to grow their business.
Traditional business defines growth in terms of revenue/sales or profit growth. However, growing revenue may not motivate or inspire you to action. Following the wisdom of Seba Smith, there is more than one-way to grow your business.
1. Grow revenue/sales
2. Boost profits
3. Improve cash flow
4. Increase number of clients/accounts
5. Strengthen average revenue per client
6. Reduce number of billable hours needed to achieve revenue goals
7. Enhance actualization rate
8. Further brand awareness and visibility
9. Achieve annual goal(s) in 10 months vs 12 months
10. Upgrade client base
11. Polish your entrepreneurial skills
12. Develop efficient/effective operational systems
13. Reduce unnecessary expenses
14. Eliminate profit holes
15. Say “yes” frequently
16. Expand your professional network
17. Improve your closing average
18. Generate more leads
19. Boost your confidence
20. Illuminate your vision
21. Feel, act, and be more successful
22. Spend 80% of your day doing work you love
23. Achieve ‘expert’ status
24. Gain better control of your day/time
25. Rediscover and grow your business around your purpose
26. Create order out of chaos
27. Establish and achieve value-based goals
28. Achieve 5 stars on all customer reviews.
29. Grow your business on your terms rather than on those established by others
30. Disrupt your industry
It’s your turn. I want to hear how you ‘skin your cat’ (aka grow your business)?