In the spirit of the holidays, we’re making out our list, checking it twice, and finding out what is naughty and nice when it comes to growing your business. Our “naughty” list consists of a few things that hamper or stall business growth, where as our “nice” list contains ideas and concepts that encourage business growth.
- Lack of planning and, subsequently, clarity and direction
- Absent strategic plan (and goals)
- Doing the same thing expecting different results
- Clients that don’t fit your ideal client profile
- Under earning
- Lack of timely follow-up
- Unclear brand
- Outdated marketing collaterals
- Implement strategic planning
- Transform the way you think (and conduct) your business
- Take a quantum leap
- Hire a coach
- Work ONLY with your ideal clients
- Slow down in order to be thoughtful about your strategic execution
- Eliminate 15% of your clients to allow for those who are a better fit to find you
- Inbound Marketing
- Take time to rest and rejuvenate
- Hire vendors and staffing for the company you intend to become
- Work your best hours
- Provide the unexpected to your clients
- Remain relevant
- Demonstrate gratitude
- Establish value-based goals
Frankly, most businesses have a bit of “naughty” mixed in with the “nice”.
Our wish for you this holiday season? That you enjoy increasingly greater amounts of “nice” for the upcoming year.
Additional blog posts we think you’ll like:
Entrepreneur Speak: 8 Tips to a Stress-Less Holiday (Ho! Ho! Ho!)
Is Ungrowth the New Growth Strategy for Business?
Is it Time to Rethink Your Business Growth?
30 Ways for Entrepreneurs to Grow Their Business